Thursday, March 11, 2010

Flying Solo

Challenging assumptions is a life's work. I assume I am on the right course, similar to those around me. I fly serenely on autopilot. my settings tuned to keep me abreast of the flock. It doesn't occur to me to ask,
"Who's the lead pigeon here?
"Where is he leading us?"
Even knowing that the leader is likely clueless and the direction all wrong, I take comfort in knowing that God cares for his flock. But what if I were to reset my internal compass and head in a different direction?
Heading off would mean leaving the safety and security of the flock. Flying solo, I would have to exert more energy and be more alert to the conditions around me.
I'm a social creature, a collaborative spirit. To what purpose would I take off on my own? To get out from behind the tail feathers in my face that mess with my view.
Do not follow me. I'll come back and report when I find something.

1 comment:

April said...

We should all be wary of feathers that mess with our view! Can't wait to hear what find.