Friday, January 13, 2012

Behold what lurks in yonder swamp


What a thrill to leave the flow of the St. John’s river, haul keel over the swamp grass and settle in beside an alligator sunning himself under the watchful eye of a heron. And then to turn around and see cattle grazing chest deep in the murky water—who knew that they fancy the water hyacinth?


 It’s nice to learn something new, if not entirely useful, every day. 
 Now I can check an airboat ride in a Florida swamp off my 100 TTDBID* list .  I’ve had my CBS Sunday Morning moment of nature.

*one hundred things to do before I die

3 comments:

Catrina Bradley said...

Ooo, I've always wanted to to that! (The boat ride not the list, but now I want a list, too!)

YosemiteSyd said...

Get started on that list, Catrina! The secret is to add another item every time you scratch one off that list. It is such a prompt for praise when you see God work to fulfill the desires of your heart.

Rita Garcia said...

Exciting! I agree with Cat, I want a list, too.
Love the name of your blog, based on a wonderful scripture from Psalms.,