Tuesday, December 14, 2010

My Annoying Sister

My sister emails me every day I don’t blog. She thinks I’m her personal entertainment system. Because blogs are public I will not comment on the details of her personal life that compel her to seek distraction in this way.
To nudge me into action, she has sent me a request list of blog topics:
  1. Candy…Cookies…Pies and other Sweets
  2. One year shy (of a significant birthday)
  3. The NEW 12 days of Christmas
  4. Life after 50,000 words
  5. What I want for Christmas this year
  6. Why is my sister so annoying?
  7. Retirement and other myths
  8. Blogging to Bulgaria
  9. When I’m on Oprah’s Show
  10. Orphanhood
  11. My personal top ten list from 2010
  12. An alternative to NY Resolutions 
There are some good ones here. I’m always trying, with little success, to get people to comment on my blogs. So I’ll throw it out there. If I get any votes for any of these topics, I promise I will blog on them. Or, suggest one of your own. If one of these topics inspires your inner blogger, be my guest. Please do share a link to your musings.

 But I digress from the topic. Why is my sister so annoying?

 Top 10 reasons why my sister is so annoying

 1. She is misdirected. Get a blog, sis!

 2. She has brain freeze. Didn’t I tell her not to move to Detroit? It’s cold in Detroit. Maybe I forgot to tell her.

 3. She misses our mother, who was always happy to hear the boring details of our lives. Now the only person she has left to bore is me. The kids just stick their fingers in their ears and chatter, “la, la, la, la, la.”

4. She suffers from sister envy. I graduated, married, had kids, had grandkids and retired first; born second, always #2, so she has to try harder. Being my sister is admittedly an annoyance.

 5. She’s in the wrong time zone. She actually lives on Capitola time and suffers from constant cravings for lattes from Mr. Toots. It can make you nuts.

 6. She works too hard and pays too many taxes. Stop. Just stop. If you aren’t making any money, you don’t have to pay taxes. It’s that simple. It will be years before the bank repossesses that underwater condo. May I refer you to Laura Lee’s blog, Broke is Beautiful?


7. She has an overactive inner cynic, nicely tempered by Christian charity.

8. She pokes me until I make her laugh. I’m black and blue.


9. She has too much imagination and not enough time. See #6. Then see #1.


10. I wouldn’t have wanted to be my younger sister either. It’s a tough gig.





2 comments:

cherie said...

your sister is amazingly witty!

YosemiteSyd said...

Created a monster, have we?